[CentOS] Centos for Interested Children

Thu Apr 3 23:05:14 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 22:16 +0200, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I think this is an idea worth a thought.

Ja. Dat klopt.

> op 02-04-14 19:44, m.roth at 5-cent.us schreef:
> > Always Learning wrote:
> >> Today, an enthusiastic 10 year old boy asked me about Linux.
> >>
> >> I thought of telling me to go to centos.org but then realised there is
> >> nothing on centos.org for complete beginners to Linux or for children.
> > <snip>
> > Here's another idea: if they have, or have access to a computer at home,
> > maybe help them set up a VM with CentOS, and let them play with it.
> >
> > Betcha they catch on, fast.

Goedenavond en hartstikke bedankt Johan

I can not start the idea / project at the current moment because all my
spare time is used to care for some very elderly people who I think will
die - one this year and the other next year. (mijn ouders)

Having an introduction to computing generally, then into Linux gently
and then into Centos simply, is a brilliant idea of mine. It is some
think Red Hat should consider supporting as a Centos project.

If the community including the very experienced with an abundance of
knowledge and talent gradually help to develop the three themes

* what is a computer
* the basis and basics of Linux
* Centos simply

not only would would interested children all around the world have a
source of information suitable for their inexperience and lack of
knowledge but uninformed grown-ups would benefit too. Because someone is
over 21 years of age, it does not mean their brains have stopped
working. Even old people can be curious about computers.

Another advantage is schools all around the word could use the Centos
Introduction to Computers as a source of factual and inspirational
knowledge when preparing computer lessons. Don't forget the FREE version
of Centos costing schools nothing and as another FREE bonus the Centos
users lists, in several languages, will help resolve queries.

As children grow-up they will know all the many advantages of Linux over
dying Windoze. Centos will become universally known among school
children. When those children enter business and industry they are
likely to be strong advocates for Linux especially the Centos brand with
all the Red Hat connotations.

Contributions must be accepted from everyone who wants to shared their
knowledge and enthusiasm. Remember when you die all your knowledge is
lost for ever - don't waste it - pass it on to the younger generation.
Give them the benefit of your wonderful knowledge. Do something nice for
humanity.

Inspiring the next generation of business leaders, technical experts,
programmers and systems admins and liberating them from the
restrictions, limitations, expense and misery that is Windoze is good
business sense for Red Hat, excellent and better than a thousand Centos
Dejos (or whatever they are called) and a genuine contribution of
passing-on our knowledge to enquiring others.  You won't get a medal for
your help and assistance but you will know, deep in your hearts, you are
making an invaluable contribution to countless others, possibly many
tens of millions or more, of people throughout our planet.

It just needs one web site and the ideas, text and drawings/diagrams to
develop a substantial international resource of impeccable repute.

So ?  How about some initial support, please ?

--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.