[CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports & CentOS

Fri Apr 11 17:37:26 UTC 2014
Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:09 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> >> lmao ;-) You mean like 141W peak consumption, while his toaster needs
> >> 2200W?
>
> You think that's all the one blade, with support and h/d etc will need?

Don´t fight guys, please. :))

I´ve found more info, I only had to read the sticker on the back of the
enclosure. It reads
"48V DC. 62.5 AMPS max per shelf. Dual circuits (A+B) for redundancy"

The dual male plugs marked "POWER CIRCUIT A" and "POWER CIRCUIT B" means
exactly that. The Beast has two independent 48V DC imputs, for redundancy.

But the positive and negative on each of the two not marked AT ALL and it
seems to me that the male round plugs protuding are totally reversible
(!?), so there´s a big possibility of frying everything if I get polarity
backwards...

Oh, Dear God of HP blades, we invoke you...
Maybe on the BSD lists they´d have a clue?.

FC