[CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports & CentOS

Fri Apr 11 18:17:58 UTC 2014
Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 3:07 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> a modern Intel 'Core' processor has 2-3 times the bang per Ghz per
> core.

Keep in mind I'm not running any benchmarks and that I've got this kit from
the street for $0.
Even if I spend $45 on it to make it work, it'd be faster than a RasPi. ;-)

Those old Xeon's will NOT support 64bit virtualization.

I don't care as I have my AMD Opteron with AMD-V for that ;)

> They use
> buffered DDR2 ECC dram, with a max of 8GB per blade.

But good enough for a single CentOS and Apache... instance... :)

> The mezzenaine
> board are NOT PCI-E, they are proprietary, and they support HP
> 361426-B21 2Gbps Fiberchannel Host Bus Adapters.

Thanks for the heads up wrt the above!. Finally some hard data.

FC