[CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports & CentOS

Mon Apr 14 07:02:48 UTC 2014
Christian Freund <freund at wrz.de>

Thank you John, that is what I think all the time. But as it is a
play-project where he tries to get that trash running at all (...)

btw, I looked it up for you guys, my toaster has 1,2KW, my water-cooker was
the one with 2,2KW ;-)

In the HP-blade-configurator, one blade-server that you described has 141W,
but 2 with an enclosure with 2 PDU needs 625W AC-in max. I am sure you can
expect real power-consumption far below that.

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Freund
Christian Freund - freund at wrz.de

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] Im Auftrag
von John R Pierce
Betreff: Re: [CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports &
CentOS

I've retired all the older xeon "P4" class hardware from my development
lab as its increasingly unreliable as it gets older than 5 years old.
a huge 6000 watt chassis of 8 dual single core servers with 8gb max ram each
can *easily* be replaced with a single 1U or 2U server with dual 8 core
processors and 128gb ram and vmware or whatever.