[CentOS] yum - package version database

Thu Apr 17 21:46:50 UTC 2014
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>

On 04/17/2014 11:14 PM, neubyr wrote:
> When I query for installed package on the system, I get following result:
>
> # yum list installed openssl
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, tsflags, verify, versionlock
> Installed Packages
> openssl.x86_64
> 1.0.1e-16.el6_5.4
> @updates/$releasever
>

> When I try to install already installed package (just playing with yum), I
> get following result:
>
> # yum install openssl
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, tsflags, verify, versionlock
> Setting up Install Process
> Package matching openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64 already installed.
> Checking for update.
> Nothing to do
>

> Note, the version reported in both commands is different. Are they
> referring to different rpmdb state? Appreciate any information on this
> discrepancy.

mis-configured yum repos? 1.0.0-27.el6_4.2 is an old version from 6.4 I
think. Maybe you have 6.4 hard-coded in your repo file?

yum install should say:
Package openssl-1.0.1e-16.el6_5.7.x86_64 already installed and latest
version

BTW your installed version is not up to date and I think it's a
heartbleed-affected version...