[CentOS] Kernel panic when booting into FIPS mode

Mon Apr 21 04:09:35 UTC 2014
Russell Miller <duskglow at gmail.com>

On Apr 20, 2014, at 8:01 PM, Dale Harris <rodmur at gmail.com> wrote:

> But that file does exist on the system.  I guess the initramfs may not
> see the /boot directory on the system?  Or is it trying to look for
> /boot inside the initramfs? If so that would explain my problem. I
> haven't verified any of this yet. But seems like /boot ought to be
> mounted for the system... anyone know of a fix for this?

Is /boot a separate filesystem?  If so, I would check to see if it is actually mounted as
/boot from the initramfs.  It might just be /, at least until the initramfs is unmounted and
the root filesystem is mounted on top of it.

That's what I'd look for.

/boot separate filesystem == it's / on initial boot
/boot part of / == it's /boot on initial boot.

--Russell