[CentOS] Motion Detecting Camera

Mon Apr 21 04:47:57 UTC 2014
Nathan Duehr <denverpilot at me.com>

On Mar 11, 2014, at 6:09 AM, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

>> So if he "wants to be out of the business", why is he having you spec the solution?
>>
>> Call a security company and tell them what you want, and they'll send the
>> bill and they'll be "in the business"... LOL!
>>
>> Sorry, just thought your boss sounds as silly as mine...
>
> My boss is *very* reasonable. You didn't read the post. A "security" company
> would need clearance to even walk into the room (we actually care about the
> security of PII and HIPAA data). And that would add a *LOT* to the division
> budget. Sorry, were you offering to pay more in taxes (if you're in the US)
> every year, and tell them where you were donating more money?
>
> The business he's talking about is this every year, year and a half of me
> wasting a lot of time figuring out workarounds for ancient webcams and bugs
> that keep returning....
>
> 	mark

(Sorry for reviving an old thread, but ... )

Apologies Mark, I just thought it entertaining.

As far as paying more in taxes, not sure what the point is... there's no correlation between spending and income anymore.

Anyway, hope you found a good solution.

The above is OT, but haven't gotten back to CentOS list mail in quite a while...

--
Nate Duehr
denverpilot at me.com