[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Wed Apr 30 14:47:51 UTC 2014

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 04/29/2014 03:05 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> There are two sides to this. On the one hand you want to be able to
>> nail down server configurations - and probably anything that is going
>> to stay wired.
>
> Ok, I'll bite on this one.
>
> *Why* do we want a server configuration to be nailed down?  Is it due to
> a real need, or is it due to the inadequacies in the tools to allow
> fully dynamic and potentially transparently load-balanced dynamic
> configuration?  Or is it due to the perceived need to control things
<snip>
I've got two rooms, with a number of servers in each room behind a
firewall, *required* by US law (HIPAA & PII data). I've got compute
clusters, and all the compute nodes are all 192.168.etc, and they MUST NOT
CHANGE, EVER!!! All of those setups are behind their own switches.

Tall me how I need NM to manage them.

         mark