[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Wed Apr 30 16:02:37 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Zube <Zube at stat.colostate.edu> wrote:

> I run CentOS because I want stability.  It works and I know how to
> work it.  When something like this is changed, there is an opportunity
> cost for having to figure out how to get it back to the way I want it
> to be (compare to recent issues with Mozilla Chrome, uh, Firefox 29).
> In the aggregate, how much time will be wasted by admins getting this
> to work when 7 comes out?

Yes, in enterprise environments there is a huge development/testing
cost for every change that has to be made in configurations or
operating procedures.   I think it is unfortunate there there is no
standard defined for configuration files or tools to stabilize it and
make common operations across platforms possible in spite of the
bizarre differences each vendor tries to add.  Something like posix
for system management...

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com