[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Wed Apr 30 17:29:17 UTC 2014
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 04/30/2014 11:10 AM, Steve Thompson wrote:
> My last test with Network Manager was a couple of years ago. At that time,
> a client that was set to boot using DHCP and NM would not set its hostname
> when such was provided with the DHCP response. That was a show stopper for
> me (none of my 200+ non-wifi clients have any configuration on them that
> identifies the machine in any way). Is this still the case?

To the best of my knowledge, DNS is queried for the hostname info if a
connection is set to come up at boot, and I believe it's the first
connection that comes up that gets the prize.

I get a hostname upon boot with my laptops and my desktops, wired and
wireless, with CentOS 6.5