[CentOS] question about etcd.conf

Steve Ma

sma at vantage.com
Fri Aug 1 13:26:15 UTC 2014

Hi, guys:

I have installed coreos on three bare metal machines to form a cluster.
I added /etc/etcd/etcd.conf to each machine according to the instruction in
https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/configuration.md
however, when I do sudo systemctl start etcd, it keep start the etcd with "default" as name (although I set the name to be different in etcd.conf), and also whenever I start etcd with etcd.conf, the fleet have trouble communicate with etcd, and keep give me error "attempting to check latest fleet version in Registry: 501..."

help please
sincerely
Steve