[CentOS] CentOS 6, selinux, and user modules

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Aug 2 19:52:01 UTC 2014

On 8/2/2014 12:27 PM, Harold Pritchett wrote:
> What is "mls" and where can I find it documented?
>
> I'm not sure but that what I want to do is completely get rid of this "mls" stuff and go back to a simple "targeted" selinux install.  If this requires that I re-install the system
> and somehow get it into "targeted" mode then that's OK.  Better now than finding out later after a bunch of other stuff has been installed.

no idea what mls is, but according to the selinux man page,
/etc/selinux/$SELINUXTYPE must exist, so if its targeted, its looking in
/etc/selinux/targeted.  there is no mls subdirectory in my /etc/selinux/

ok, google says mls is 'multi-level security'.  and I see there is an
rpm in the base/updates repository, selinux-policy-mls, which probably
populates the mls subdirectory.