[CentOS] Multi-Seat using Thin Clients

Aaron Siegel

admin at siegel-tech.net
Sun Aug 3 16:55:50 UTC 2014

Hello

I have been wanting to set up a multi-seat system built around my linux
desktop.  Several years ago I set up a multi-seat system using X11. It
difficult to setup and cause many different system errors.  My new
desktop supports VT-d but the VGA passthru is still too experimental for
me at this point.

I have looked at the USB display link but sounds like there is a
performance issue with Linux driver. I would prefer a Ethernet based
thin client.

I want to setup one or two thin clients that will connect to my Centos
desktop for my home. Does anyone have any suggestion. At this point I
will be satisfied with Linux terminals maybe windows in the future but I
think there are some licensing issues.  I have been prefer KVM for
vitalization over xen.

Thank you
Aaron