[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Neil Aggarwal

neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri Aug 8 21:55:15 UTC 2014

Hello all:

I am looking at the documentation of the new firewalld service in CentOS 7.
It looks like no matter what I configure with it, outgoing connections are
still going to be allowed.  That does not seem very secure.

I always set my servers to default policy of DROP for everything incoming
and outgoing and then add rules to allow very specific traffic through.

Is this possible using the new firewalld service or should I disable it and

Thanks,
  Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972) 834-1565
We lend money to investors to buy or refinance single family rent houses.