[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Sun Aug 10 18:24:44 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 09:45 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> Systemd, firewalld... Linux from what formerly was "UNIX-like" becomes "MS
> Windows-like". This is what you will hear from everybody fleeing Linux (I
> for one started gradually moving servers to FreeBSD a while back).

Snap !  (meaning in colloquial English, I agree exactly).

I read someone's supplied link to Red Hat's firewalld documentation. As
I looked at the confusing collection of zones I instantly remembered all
the problems I had with Windoze especially trying to understand the
logic of Windoze's own firewall/Internet zones. I hated and despised
that crap and used a superior third-party firewall instead.

I am a heavily reliant user of IP Tables. I would not like to lose it.
Yet someone at Red Hat decided in C7 it would be replaced by a M$
lookalike product. OK, one may remove it and install IPT. Exactly which
users demand IPT's replacement by firewalld (Microsoft, Inc. ?)

Firewalld is so much like the confusing and time-wasting M$ crap, fit
only for brain dead morons, instead of those with functioning brains.
The Windoze reminiscence was a very unpleasant feeling.

I fled the M$ crap and found a delightful refuge in Centos. The
difference from Windows was inspiring and liberating. It was truly
wonderful, and still is on C5 and C6. I wished I had abandoned Windoze
20 years earlier.

If Red Hat want to sell the company to Micro$oft or gradually replace
excellence with M$-style crap, I sadly would go elsewhere, probably to
OpenBSD.

What is the point in gaining good Linux skills, if the Red Hat family is
going to emulate M$ crap?  Sorry, I absolutely loath Windoze.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.