[CentOS] Centos 6 : ClamAV out-of-date ???

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Mon Aug 11 12:44:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 08:28 -0400, Brian Miller wrote:

> >  Last Status:
> >     WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
> >     WARNING: Local version: 0.98.3 Recommended version: 0.98.4

> Could it be that the package installed but the running daemon did not
> get restarted?  I don't know if freshclam checks the on-disk image or
> queries the running binary during the version check.

The package was installed, and re-installed. Freshclam was running as a
daemon. I killed it (because I did not know how to stop it nicely),
restarted clamd, did a Logwatch for today and saw the error message has
disappeared.

Freshclam is run by CRON.

Thanks.

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.