[CentOS] Use postfix and spamd on CentOS 6 - looking for a shortest guide

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Aug 11 16:01:16 UTC 2014

Am 2014-08-11 13:38, schrieb Alexander Farber:
> Hello fellow CentOS-users,
>
> on the net there are lots of Spamassassin related HOWTOs - describing
> how
> to create a shell script for Postfix and how to install Spamassassin
> and
> start its spamd daemon - step by step. Additionally antivirus setups
> are
> described...
>
> But I have a strong feeling, that this is unneeded on CentOS 6 -
> because
> there are already preconfigured stock packages for postfix and
> spamassassin.
>
> So I have installed the both packages and I have configured postfix (it
> works fine).
>
> Also I have started the spamd (and can see it in "ps uawx") with:
>
>     # chkconfig spamassassin on
>     # service spamassassin start
>
> So I'm just missing the connection between postfix and spamd.
>
> Could anybody using these 2 programs on CentOS 6 please share it with
> me?

[ ... ]

Do yourself a favour and use a milter instead of piping each single mail
through spamassassin.

http://pkgs.org/centos-6/epel-x86_64/spamass-milter-0.3.2-3.el6.x86_64.rpm.html

Then add something like

smtpd_milters = unix:/var/run/spamass-milter/postfix/sock
inet:127.0.0.1:8891
non_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters
milter_default_action = accept

to your Postfix' main.cf and configure the milter flags in
/etc/sysconfig/spamass-milter.

> Thank you
> Alex

[ ... ]