[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Mon Aug 11 17:16:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 12:53 -0400, BC wrote:

> I wasn't aware that this was a forum for whining that upstream's vision of
> a system didn't match one's own.

Stating one's dread of having imposed as a standard, a firewall that can
not control outgoing packets and has dumbed-down Micro$oft-like 'zones'
and the possible future removal of IP Tables from the very much admired
Centos version of RHEL, is probably a desperate call for sanity to
prevail at Red Hat.

The imposition of what appears to many of unfinished software rather
than a genuine finished improvement does suggests faulty reasoning
upstream.  Upstream's people take more notice of this list since the Red
Hat 'take-over' / 'intervention' / 'involvement' in Centos. The ordinary
Centos fan has little ability to reach any of the decision makers at Red
Hat. This list is probably the easiest and best method.

It is better if one articulates one's concerns on here rather than
ignoring what appear to be fundamental mistakes in the composition of
much appreciated software.

We care because we genuinely like Centos.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.