[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Mon Aug 11 18:14:20 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 19:10 +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> It's strange that people threaten to go FreeBSD simply because the
> defaults are not to their liking. Not exactly a rational way to look
> at things.

Leider nicht.

1. firewalld is not a full firewall - at best it is half-finished but
released into the world as a genuine firewall.

2. All of us, including potential and actual defectors to *BSD's,
welcome good products. We like and appreciate IP Tables. To replace good
solid working software with a half-finished (and confusing) substitute
is not progress, not advancement and not an improvement. Some might
think it is not a good idea.

Please respect the fact that we really do like, appreciate and enjoy
Centos. Hence our desire that it is not degraded or Lindozed
(dumbed-down).

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.