[CentOS] when will docker 1.1.2 for rhel7 be released?

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Aug 12 12:54:34 UTC 2014

On 08/11/2014 07:02 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> Looks like docker-io-1.0.0 is available in EPEL:
> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/beta/7/x86_64/repoview/docker-io.html

This package is due to be removed from EPEL soon, because of EPEL's
policy of not competing/conflicting with base offerings. I wouldn't rely
on this particular package

> If you really want to use the latest version of docker you cannot rely
> on RHEL packages though as they only get updated with important fixes
> and usually only with point releases (unless it's a security bug).

Keep in mind that docker is part of upstream's 'Extras' repository,
which doesn't have the same lifecycle that the rest of EL7 has. It's a
shorter 18 month cycle I believe, so you might very well see re-basing
going on there.

--
Jim Perrin