[CentOS] MySQL - replication - how to restore master?

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Wed Aug 13 14:12:55 UTC 2014

<SNIP>
> However, I am having trouble finding out what to do should we lose the
> master server. Typically mysqldump backups of the master are done
> overnight, so a failure during the day would mean that the slave is
> ahead of the master backup. So this poses two questions:

<SNIP>

Note: I have not been running MySQL or HA systems for a very good while now.  Salt appropriately.

Perhaps the following URL can help:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-solutions-switch.html

I believe  useful sets of key words for the searching the web would be:
mysql master slave promotion
and
mysqldump  slave

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-solutions-backups-mysqldump.html

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.