[CentOS] Java plugin (icedtea-web) does not load

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 18 13:05:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, August 18, 2014 5:50 am, Toralf Lund wrote:

> This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain
> proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally
> privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the
> intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail,
> please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any
> attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
> use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in
> any way except as permitted by the author.

I'm sorry if that offends anyone, the the BS nature of e-mail footers like
this one always offends my intelligence. As a recipient of e-mail I didn't
give my consent to be obliged to anything. whatever you sent me was at
your sole discretion. You want any obligations from the recipient of your
message, you should contact the recipient first and get him agree to be
obliged to anything you request.

Who is the idiot lawyer who wrote it? He shouldn't even have layer degree
for incompetence! Even I, not lawyer, do understand that you can not make
the person obliged to do or not do anything by unilaterally doing
something (sending that person e-mail with idiotic footer).

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago