[CentOS] Install and configure Nagios

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:24:05 UTC 2014

> Most of it is pretty sparse--installing is easy, getting nagios working is
> harder.  There is someone who used to be on the documentation list, Max
> Hetrick, who wrote some great nagios pages. Fortunately, much of his older
> stuff is still on the CentOS wiki.  I would start there as far as Nagios.
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Nagios
>

> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6

I have done this not so long ago and I am using OMD distro, they call
it a distro but it's really not.  Here is the site with additional
information - http://omdistro.org/start

They have lots of stuff rolled up and ready to go, makes it fast a
quick to get something up and running, using check_mk pretty cool.

I have it loaded on a centos 6.5 box, here is the download link -
http://omdistro.org/start but about halfway down the page they have a
link to the package repo's, add the repo and install, will need to
have elrepo in there for dependencies.  Hope this helps.

Highly recommended  =)