[CentOS] Run script at startup

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Aug 20 13:29:52 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 03:16:58PM +0200, Luigi Rosa wrote:
> Alan Holt wrote on 20/08/2014 15:07:
>
> > I just install the newest version of Centos 7 and I am a bit disappointed
> > with new /etc/rc/local file I found that it's not usable anymore.
>
> You can re-enable it with this command:
>
> systemctl enable rc-local.service
>
> that enables the Unit /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service

One of the nice things about the rc-local.service is that you don't
need to enable it with systemctl.  It has a conditional check whether
/etc/rc.d/rc.local is executable, and if it is, it runs it, otherwise,
it ignores it.  This was set up so people could basically act like
they did in prior releases, and just drop executable scripts into
/etc/rc.d/rc.local, and it just worked.