[CentOS] Trying to override MAC addr

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Aug 21 14:49:35 UTC 2014

> On 08/21/2014 10:32 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Keith Keller wrote:
>>> ifconfig claims to support it:
>>>
>>>          hw class address
>> <snip>
>> Also, don't forget /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistant-net.rules
>
> I can't forget what I don't know.  please point me to description of
> these rules?

It's used to assign names to physical devices via udev. How it works
depends a bit on your version.

It's discussed as part of these tutorials:

CentOS 6:
https://alteeve.ca/w/Changing_the_ethX_to_Ethernet_Device_Mapping_in_EL6_and_Fedora_12_to_14

CentOS 7:
https://alteeve.ca/w/Changing_Ethernet_Device_Names_in_EL7_and_Fedora_15%2B