[CentOS] Skype on CentOS 6.5

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Thu Aug 21 17:10:52 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 11:23 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> I'm sorry Mr. Jim Perrin, I'll disregard your request and I will stay on
> this side topic just for one more message.

Thank you.

> Those [conspiracy] theories are reality not just theories, at least some
> (Mr Snowden, e.g.) put their life on line to tell us about it. If we do
> not care to listen, then we deserve to have what we have.

I don't disagree. This was why I added "(right or wrong)" to the
message. The internet culture as a whole is one of constant
surveillance. It's a common business model for online content
distributors/marketers etc. There are numerous postings about this all
over the internet.

> I was quite displeased since quite some time ago that almost all web
> browsers, whenever I feed URL into location bar, do not go to that URL,
> but instead do the search with the search line that is that URL first. Not
> only when URL doesn't exist (for which case I too prefer not darn search
> but just an error message "URL doesn't exist"). Why would be that? What
> purpose does the search serve. You do your math. I still use often
> browsers with this "nasty" feature. I will mention one browser that
> doesn't to that unnecessary [unnecessary for me, of course] thing: midori.
> If someone has any other suggestions, please, let me know (you can e-mail
> me off the list if you prefer to respect Mr Jim Perrin's request). I also
> will mention one search engine that seems to be "clean" of nastiness to
> the best of my knowledge" DuckDuckGo:

My point, and I said this off-list as well to those who responded to me
directly, is simply this:

I would rather keep the list technical and apolitical. I know we can't
keep politics out of tech, but I would prefer to at least attempt to
limit it on the mailing lists.

A discussion about alternatives and their technical merits would be fine
and I have no problem with that. Derailing a 'how do I fix this' thread
with a political discussion is something I'd like to avoid as a general
rule.

--
Jim Perrin