[CentOS] Centos 7 lockup

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 17:18:17 UTC 2014

A machine I set up to run OpenNMS stopped working last night - no
hardware alarm lights, but keyboard/monitor/network unresponsive.
After a reboot I see a large stack of messages like this in
/var/log/messages:

----
Aug 20 14:02:34 opennms-h-03 python: SELinux is preventing
/usr/sbin/monitor-get-edid-using-vbe from mmap
_zero access on the memprotect .

*****  Plugin mmap_zero (53.1 confidence) suggests   *************************

If you do not think /usr/sbin/monitor-get-edid-using-vbe should need
to mmap low memory in the kernel.
Then you may be under attack by a hacker, this is a very dangerous access.
Do
contact your security administrator and report this issue.

*****  Plugin catchall_boolean (42.6 confidence) suggests   ******************

If you want to allow mmap to low allowed
Then you must tell SELinux about this by enabling the
'mmap_low_allowed' boolean.
You can read 'None' man page for more details.
Do
setsebool -P mmap_low_allowed 1

*****  Plugin catchall (5.76 confidence) suggests   **************************

If you believe that monitor-get-edid-using-vbe should be allowed
mmap_zero access on the  memprotect by d
efault.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do
allow this access for now by executing:
# grep monitor-get-edi /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp

------
and then this final message

Aug 20 14:02:42 opennms-h-03 dbus-daemon: 'list' object has no attribute 'split'

Do either of those look fatal?   And where else should I look for the
underlying problem?

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com