[CentOS] HP ProLiant DL380 G5

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Aug 21 21:00:42 UTC 2014

Matt wrote:
>> Hate to change the conversation here but that's why I hate hardware
>> RAID.
>> If it was software RAID, Linux would always tell you what's going on.
>> Besides, Linux knows much more about what is going on on the disk and
>> what is about to happen (like a megabyte DMA transfer).
>>
>> BTW, check if something is creating:
>>
>> /forcefsck
>
> These exist:
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 root root     0 Jul  7 10:03 .autofsck
> -rw-r--r--    1 root root     0 Jul  7 10:03 .autorelabel
>
> What does that mean?

ARRRGGGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHHHH!!!!!!!

First, delete /.autofsck. That will stop it from fsckin'g *everything*
every reboot. Second, is selinux in enforcing mode? In any case, have you
recently done major changes? If not, delete /.autorelabel, since an
selinux relabel takes a *while*, esp. if you have *lots* of files.

     mark