[CentOS] php-fpm on centos 6

Александр Кириллов nevis2us at infoline.su
Sat Aug 23 07:15:24 UTC 2014

> mod_fastcgi is gone. That's now fcgid.
>
> mod_proxy_fcgi is not dead. It's too new for centos 6 though.
>
> It needs apache 2.4 and centos has lower (2.2?) I think.
> Thus you'd need to build apache yourself or find packages in rpm forge
> or something as it requires apache 2.4 and this module for proxy to
> fcgi.
>
> You can see the module doesn't exist for 2.2 here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/
> But does for 2.4:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/
>
> To summarise, what you want to do will need apache 2.4. Or just use
> the old school php-cgi and mod_fcgid.
>
> Other option is nginx and fastcgi_pass. Benefit here is you can use
> unix socket if php-fpm is local to drop the TCP overhead

Thanks, Jason!
I've been using php-cgi, mod_fcgid and suexec combo for years on my
servers.
Now I want to run php apps in UserDir with user credentials.
This probably can be achieved with mod_fcgid and suexec but it seems
like I'd need
separate fcgi configs and cgi wrappers under suexec docroot for each
user.
If you know of a simpler way please share your experience.