[CentOS] CentOS7 Minimal installation on Vmware missing network interface

reynierpm at gmail.com reynierpm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 18:44:34 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
wrote:

> ook what adapter type you have configured for your virtual machine
> maybe the GUI don't show it - it's even on vSphere a pain where you
> need to remove the NIC and add it again by take care of the type
>
> * in doubt shut down the guest
> * close VMware
> * open the .vxm file
>
> ethernet0.virtualDev = "vmxnet3"
>
> depens if that "ethernet0.virtualDev" exists
> if yes -> change it to vmxnet3
> if not add it somewhere around the other ethernet settings

This is what I have in .vxm file:

ethernet0.present = "TRUE"
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
ethernet0.wakeOnPcktRcv = "FALSE"
ethernet0.addressType = "static"
ethernet0.address = "00:50:56:2E:E2:45"
ethernet0.linkStatePropagation.enable = "TRUE"
ethernet1.present = "TRUE"
ethernet1.vnet = "VMnet1"
ethernet1.connectionType = "custom"
ethernet1.wakeOnPcktRcv = "FALSE"
ethernet1.addressType = "static"
ethernet1.address = "00:50:56:3F:86:30"

And this is how I configured the network interface at Vmware
http://imgur.com/GSX9N6c the weird part here is the same network
configuration works fine in a CentOS 6.5 VM