[CentOS] CentOS 6, selinux, and user modules

Sat Aug 2 19:27:18 UTC 2014
Harold Pritchett <harold at uga.edu>

On 8/2/2014 2:39 PM, Harold Pritchett wrote:

More information...

After changing /etc/selinux/config from "SELINUXTYPE=targeted" to SELINUXTYPE=mls" I was unable to log on remotely as root, nor could I "su" to root from a regular id.  Who knows
what else changed.  I'm almost afraid to look.  I had to log on via the hardware console as root and change the entry in /etc/selinux/config back to "SELINUXTYPE=targeted" in order
to be able to access the system normally.

What is "mls" and where can I find it documented?

I'm not sure but that what I want to do is completely get rid of this "mls" stuff and go back to a simple "targeted" selinux install.  If this requires that I re-install the system
and somehow get it into "targeted" mode then that's OK.  Better now than finding out later after a bunch of other stuff has been installed.

Any thoughts???

Harold