[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Sat Aug 9 14:45:55 UTC 2014

On Sat, August 9, 2014 9:15 am, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Tom:
>
>> I thought we were supposed to be moving forward
>
> That is my thought exactly.  This is a step backwards.
>
> I guess I will disable firewalld and go back to iptables.

Systemd, firewalld... Linux from what formerly was "UNIX-like" becomes "MS
Windows-like". This is what you will hear from everybody fleeing Linux (I
for one started gradually moving servers to FreeBSD a while back).

BTW, original poster is doing extremely correct security wise thing:
enumerates good, and prohibits everything else. To the contrary to
logically flawed "Windows antivirus" approach which is attempting to
"enumerate bad". I mean general approach, the philosophy, it doesn't
matter that I exemplify it here with "apples" and there with "oranges".

Thanks.
Valeri