[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Mon Aug 11 16:53:24 UTC 2014
BC <centoslistmail at gmail.com>

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> You only spotted 4 _last_ guys running away to UNIX. The rest fled quite a
> while ago.

I wasn't aware that this was a forum for whining that upstream's vision of
a system didn't match one's own. You stated your dislike of firewalld.
Enough said. To go on trashing the OS wholesale is just juvenile. I
designed an infrastructure of 2500 servers that are all CentOS 6 and they
are managed by only 3 people. This is a decent OS for medium to large scale
rollouts, per my experience.

I am trying to schedule time to begin evaluation of CentOS 7, (which will
not be rolled out for at least a year) and if I decide that firewalld does
not suit our purposes, then I will continue to use iptables. If I decide
that firewalld does not provide any additional features, I will probably
also continue to use iptables just to save some engineering time. Either
way, my use of it is my own (and my company's) and no own should have to
listen to me whine about it over and over. Pick whatever OS you want. You
have that freedom.