[CentOS] Use postfix and spamd on CentOS 6 - looking for a shortest guide

Mon Aug 11 22:09:42 UTC 2014
David Beveridge <dave at bevhost.com>

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Adam King <kinga at sghs.org.uk> wrote:

> Thanks :)
>
> Am 11.08.2014 um 18:43 schrieb Adam King:
> > Can you explain why you'd use milter over spamassassin? Genuinely
> interested as we could certainly get better spam filtering...
>
> just becaus eit is the only way where you can
> *block and reject* spam instead still deliver
> it with a special subject
>
> http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html
>
> without a milter your only choices are:
>
> * deliver crap
> * get a backscatter and get blacklisted
> * drop messages while pretend you accepted them and go to jail
>
> "-r 6" = reject with a score of 6 and bigger
> spamass-milter -p /run/spamass-milter/spamass-milter.sock -g sa-milt -r 6

Another alternative to milters is the postfix policy daemons.
The best one to use for block and reject is policyd-weight.
found here http://www.policyd-weight.org/

This gives spam a weight based on a number of factors.
I setup to do this
score <0 accept immediately
score <10 greylist then verify sender, then spf, then spamassassin if not
spf pass.
score >10 reject immediately

dave