[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Tue Aug 12 13:52:01 UTC 2014
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 2014-08-08 23:55, schrieb Neil Aggarwal:
> Hello all:
>
> I am looking at the documentation of the new firewalld service in
> CentOS 7.
> It looks like no matter what I configure with it, outgoing connections
> are
> still going to be allowed.  That does not seem very secure.
>
> I always set my servers to default policy of DROP for everything
> incoming
> and outgoing and then add rules to allow very specific traffic through.
>
> Is this possible using the new firewalld service or should I disable it
> and
>
> Thanks,
>   Neil

Those with a RHEL subscription can find a Red Hat knowledge base articel
under

                  https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1121463

about the question "How to filter outbound or outgoing network traffic
in RHEL7?"

It pretty much explains how to achieve outbound filtering using
FirewallD.

Alexander