[CentOS] Use postfix and spamd on CentOS 6 - looking for a shortest guide

Wed Aug 13 18:11:54 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 8/13/2014 10:57 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Of course, I used exaggeration (we all had "configure sendmail" chapter in
> our sysadmin exam back then). After you compile human readable sendmail
> config file into what sendmail uses, you get something similar to assembly
> code as opposed to high level programming language. And some of us were
> able to digest that too (as sometimes you inherit this file, but not the
> configuration source file)...

the M4 macro compiler came fairly late in Sendmail's evolution. in the
OLD days, editing the sendmail.cf file directly was all you had.     you
just about needed a PhD in that stuff to do anything beyond the simplest
tweaks, although with the O'Reilly Sendmail book ("bat book"), you could
get away with assembling bits and pieces of other peoples hacks for most
any sane configuration.