[CentOS] NetworkManager

Fri Aug 22 22:39:50 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 05:24:06PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Except that wasting time re-learning a new and strange way to do
>> something that already worked - or how to disable the new thing so it
>> doesn't break your working setup - doesn't really put you ahead of
>> anything.
>
> This is a _major_ release.  Things change during _major_ releases.
> Luckily you aren't being forced at gunpoint to use it.
>
> Seriously.  Your constant complaints against the Red Hat way of doing
> things got old a decade ago.

It's not so much 'The' Red Hat way of doing things - although SysV
mostly had it right in the first place.  But the annoying part is the
number of Red Hat "Ways' that are just arbitrarily different - like a
car company swapping the brake and gas pedal locations for every new
model.   I suppose if you sell training courses you have to make a
reason for people to come back.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com