[CentOS] php-fpm on centos 6

Sat Aug 23 07:44:37 UTC 2014
Jason Woods <devel at jasonwoods.me.uk>

On 23 Aug 2014, at 08:15, Александр Кириллов <nevis2us at infoline.su> wrote:
> Thanks, Jason!
> I've been using php-cgi, mod_fcgid and suexec combo for years on my
> servers.
> Now I want to run php apps in UserDir with user credentials.
> This probably can be achieved with mod_fcgid and suexec but it seems
> like I'd need
> separate fcgi configs and cgi wrappers under suexec docroot for each
> user.
> If you know of a simpler way please share your experience.

To be fair you'd still need separate configs for each user even with php-fpm to set the user/group for the processes and to set the sessions path.

I always did it that way. Unique wrappers for each user and apache config for each user setting the suexec user group etc. I had shell scripts to generate them for me.

Even with nginx you need config per user but at least you don't need any wrappers - you do need a php-fpm config per user tho so it's about the same work. I shell scripted this too.

Jason