[CentOS] Upgrade to m7.0 retaining some existing partitions

Sat Aug 23 11:25:58 UTC 2014
Tony Molloy <tony.molloy at ul.ie>

On Friday 22 August 2014 14:00:45 you wrote:
> Le 19.08.2014 08:44, Tony Molloy a écrit :
> > I want to install 7.0 replacing  an existing 6.5 installation.
> >
> > When I choose custom partitioning I can delete the old 6.5
> > partitions and create new partitions 7.0 but there doesn't appear
> > to be any way to retain an existing partition, say /home for
> > instance, over the installation.
> >
> > Am I just missing something obvious or any ideas on what the
> > magic is.
>
> Hi Tony
>
> Did you receive an answer to your question ? I didn't see anything
> on the list ! I'm interested too.
>
> Thank you

No but I sorted it out myself. I just took a chance, it was on a test
server anyway ;-)

In the disk partitioning screen you will see the old 6.5 installation.
Clicking on it will bring up the existing 6.5 partitions. Then select
each of the existing partitions and a configuration menu comes up which
allows you to reformat the partition if required. So just don't
reformat the partitions you want to keep .They then become part of the
new 7.0 installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tony

--
Linux nogs.tonyshome.ie 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jul 31
17:20:51 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux