[CentOS] CentOS 5 takes one second holding each keyboard key until it shows.

Thu Aug 28 17:48:53 UTC 2014
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 6:32 AM, David Both <dboth at millennium-technology.com
> wrote:

> This has happened to me in the past. It is not an OS problem, it was for
> me a
> hardware issue. One or both of two things may be causing this problem.
>
> Some USB keyboards require more power than others. My USB keyboard would
> exhibit
> these same symptoms when plugged into a hub that was powered only by the
> computer itself or another hub. So my particular USB keyboard must be
> plugged
> into a hub that has its own power supply.

Definitely try another keyboard as others have suggested.
And another USB port ... maybe even try a PS2 keyboard if the mobo has one
and you have one of those keyboards handy.

On the topic of power...
It's possible that your power supply is failing.  You'll experience
sluggishness ... it might take a few minutes to shutdown or reboot where it
should only take a few seconds.  Or when it gets worse, the machine refuses
to turn on.

If you can run a rescue OS on the system and it still acts up, then its
most likely a hardware problem.
>From there you get to swap "known good" components to track down the
problem. ;-)

--