[CentOS] Inconsistent printing on Centos 7

Fri Aug 29 17:25:43 UTC 2014

Frank Cox wrote:
> I have ongoing issues with my Xerox Phaser 2550 printer under Centos 7.
> It always worked without any issues on Centos 6 before I upgraded to
> Centos 7.
>
> The problem manifests itself by regularly (but not every time) printing
> page after page of garbage instead of the document that I wanted to print
> out.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The same document might
> print fine now but then I get pages of garbage the next time I print.
>
> I have it set up as a shared printer on my network; the other computers on
> my network are all Centos 6.
<SNIP>
That, to me, sounds like a driver issue - pages and pages of garbage
reminds me of postscript not going through a ps driver.

One other possibility, though very unlikely in your case, is someone
probing your network. We just realized that the crap showing up every day
or so on the printer near me was actually our PEN tester team hitting the
printer (the http help was curious; the line with (nessus) told me the
story).

          mark