[CentOS] CentOS7 Minimal installation on Vmware missing network interface

Sun Aug 31 18:39:59 UTC 2014
reynierpm at gmail.com <reynierpm at gmail.com>

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

> This is something of a loaded question and also quite dependent on what
> you are doing. If the server is very critical, I would probably wait
> until 7.1 or 7.2. If the server is not very critical, then sure, use EL7
> and start learning it (and report bugs! :) ).

It's not critical, just a development server I'll like to configure in
order to start learn a bit CentOS 7 (I'm not a System Administrator expert
but a developer)

> If 'ifconfig -a' doesn't see it, the kernel probably doesn't, either. Do
> you see it in lspci or dmidecode? If not, I would look at the hypervisor
> for a problem.

As I said above I'm not a expert but I did "man dmidecode" since lspci
isn't available and I can't find a TYPE for see network interfaces also I
do not know if the output is related to motherboard (the one I have) or is
related to emulated board (if this has sense), so what command should I run
to give you proper info?

> Yes you can do it without rebooting, but it still requires taking the
> network down.
>
> I wrote this a while ago:
>
> https://alteeve.ca/w/Changing_Ethernet_Device_Names_in_EL7_and_Fedora_15%2B
>
> It probably needs to be updated/cleaned up, but it should be good enough
> to help you.

I'll take a look in a few minutes after system updates complete