[CentOS] httpd listening only on IPv6 interface on CentOS 7

Fri Dec 12 13:32:26 UTC 2014
Steven Tardy <sjt5atra at gmail.com>

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com> wrote:

> We noticed this problem when web browsers would refuse to connect to the
> server.  *Then* we discovered the netstat oddity, and *then* we found that
> changing the Listen line in httpd.conf fixed it.
>
> That leaves me still wanting an explanation for what happened.

was the fix the config change or restarting of the service?
did netstat show client connections to port 80 in other
states(FIN_WAIT/etc)?
high load apache websites can often run out of connections due to the
limits in httpd.conf "<IfModule prefork.c>" section. these limits can be
increased if clients can no longer connect due to http child processes
being stuck in other tcp states.