[CentOS] DegradedArray message

Mogens Kjaer mk at lemo.dk
Wed Dec 3 06:44:24 UTC 2014

On 12/03/2014 03:24 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
> OTOH, I had a perfectly good drive get kicked out of my RAID-1
> array a fewyears ago just because, well, I guess I could say
> "it felt like it".

I've seen that too several times on my home "server".

Once in a while (usually on one of the first days I'm on vacation) one
of the drives stops responding.

A shutdown and cold restart is necessary to bring the drive alive again,
just a reboot won't fix it.

After this, I rebuild the RAID partitions and all is OK.

smartctl shows no sign of problems with the drive, so I suspect a
controller problem.

This is on a desktop machine used as a server.

I guess this explains why we have server grade hardware :-)

Mogens

Mogens Kjaer, mk at lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk