[CentOS] DegradedArray message

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:04:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:44 AM, Mogens Kjaer <mk at lemo.dk> wrote:

> On 12/03/2014 03:24 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
>
>> OTOH, I had a perfectly good drive get kicked out of my RAID-1
>> array a fewyears ago just because, well, I guess I could say
>> "it felt like it".
>>

> I've seen that too several times on my home "server".

I have also seen drives/partitions get kicked of of softraid arrays for
unknown reasons.
My first choice is to re-add the member into the softraid and see if it 1)
will re-add and 2) if it stays a member

As far as re-adding drives to a softraid array, I've wrote on this list a
few times before.  Plus the URLs others have provided will help you as
well.  Any questions, just ask and somebody will reply.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2013-November/138699.html
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2014-February/140700.html

Good luck.
Digimer's advice about testing your scenario out on a VM is perfect one
since you're new to the task.

--
Mike