[CentOS] Firefox fails to authenticate .mil sites with New DoD CAC

Cal Webster cwebster at ec.rr.com
Thu Dec 4 16:53:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 11:22 -0500, Jason Ricles wrote:
> I thought DoD used RHEL and not Centos, or did Centos did approved
> DADEMS recently?

DoD does use RHEL for the critical infrastructure hosts and in our case
for training simulators. The issue here was with a separate non-DoD
asset used to retrieve security updates and to conduct research to
support engineering efforts on isolated, stand-alone networks. The
isolated networks are not allowed to touch the Internet. CentOS 6 (and
recently 7) has been approved for engineering labs and certain R&D
facilities too, BTW - You'll see it if you do a search in DADMS. We do
use CentOS for local general purpose servers and workstations.