[CentOS] ELRepo still active?

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Fri Dec 5 18:07:13 UTC 2014

Le 05/12/2014 19:03, Mark Milhollan a écrit :
> Surely visiting the elrepo web site would have provided an answer even
> more quickly.  Still, the list came through for you.

I just found out my mistake. There was a "last modified" entry for 2012,
but this concerned only the FAQ page. Now I looked on another page, and
it's october 2014. This was just bad luck.

> As an aside, CentOS 5 is in phase 3 of support so unless you feel your
> old PC can't handle CentOS 6 or 7 you would be well advised to consider
> them instead.

I am planning on basing my main desktop and server configurations on
CentOS 6.x and 7.x. I was only asking for CentOS 5.x, since here in
South France, there are many people who have sometimes pathologically
obsolete hardware. And I think CentOS 5.x is the best choice for legacy
hardware that's more than 10 years old.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat