[CentOS] CentOS 7 install software Raid on large drives error

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 22:44:45 UTC 2014

On 12/06/2014 08:32 AM, Ted Miller wrote:
> 2. I cannot comment from experience about the separate drive for
> /boot/efi, but needing a separate partition surprises me.  I have not
> read about others needing that.  I would think that having an
> accessible /boot partition would suffice.

Systems that boot with UEFI instead of BIOS require separate partitions
for /boot and /boot/efi.

UEFI must boot from a FAT32 filesystem.  That filesystem will include
the UEFI shim that's signed by Verisign for trusted boot, a version of
GRUB2 that's signed by Red Hat (IIRC), and the GRUB2 configuration
file.  The /boot filesystem will contain the same thing on UEFI that it
does under BIOS, namely the kernel and initrd.