[CentOS] CentOS 6.6: Webcam problem

Phil Wyett philwyett at aura-tech-systems.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 09:23:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 09:08 +0000, Ron Yorston wrote:
> Last month we discussed the problems with webcams in CentOS 6 and I
> raised Bugzilla #1158988 with Red Hat.  This bug has now been declared
> a duplicate of 1145805.  Unfortunately I'm unable to access that report
> so although I know Red Hat are looking into the matter I don't know
> what they're doing.
>
> Ron

Hi,

Could you be more specific about your issue? Does the webcam get
detected? if you use 'cheese' do you get any errors in say 'dmesg'?

There has been a webcam issue of late that seems to trace back to a
regression with the latest kernels. This was fixed in the centos plus
kernel, but there is a wait to see what Red Hat will do. This is a
kernel issue and all kernel bugs are locked from public view bar Red Hat
people and the reporter.

Issue seen and fixed in plus kernel:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7815

Regards