[CentOS] need guidance on getting started...again

Clayton Kirkwood

crk at godblessthe.us
Mon Dec 15 01:01:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

It's been about 15 years since I've enjoyed working in the Unix space, and I
am trying to reintegrate myself. A few things have changed in the
intervening years. I've installed the first Centos6 iso without too much
difficulty, but I am rusty on commands and such. It appears the install
doesn't install mans so would somebody suggest a way to find and install
them. It appears that there are several install package implementations.
Which is the best to use? Any other helpful guidance would be greatly
appreciated. I'm going with Centos 6 because I only have a 32 bit machine,
otherwise I'd be up on 7, I would think.

Thanks,

Clayton

You can tell the caliber of a man by his gun--c. kirkwood